Solven ECO T-25 Specification and Safety Information
It is a colorless liquid, free of suspended materials. It is mainly composed of aliphatic and naphthenic hydrocarbons. This low content of aromatics is obtained by Catalytic Hydrogenation, which converts aromatics into naphthenics, reduces sulfur, saturates olefins and eliminates polar impurities. This technique makes it possible to obtain a very stable product with a little pronounced odor. It is a product recognized as “Ready Biodegradable” by the criteria of the American OECD. Biodegradability in 28 days is 60%.
See the tests, specification, Solven method and reference method in the PDF file available for download.
APPLICATION / MAIN USES
It is used in industrial cleaning and degreasing techniques. Combined with certain emulsifiers, it is used in the formulation of dispersing products in effluent treatment and in cleaning products. It is used as a fluid for the formulation of Protective Oil. It can be used in temporary protective coatings for the transport of manufactured products, machine spare parts, among others. It can also be used for cold rolling, among other specific applications according to customer needs and tests.
PACKAGING, STORAGE AND HANDLING
Product must be kept away from sources of ignition, in a cool, dry place, protected from bad weather. The shelf life of this product is 24 months from the date of manufacture, under the recommended storage conditions and/or original packaging.
CLASSIFICATION FOR TRANSPORT
Product not classified according to current transport legislation.
ADOPTED CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM
Standard ABNT-NBR 14725-Part 2: 2009. Adoption of the Globally Harmonized System for the Classification and Labeling of Chemicals, UN.
P402+P403+P404 Store in a dry place. Store in a well-ventilated place. Store in a closed container.
PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
- Physical state: Liquid;
- Appearance: Clear;
- Color: Colorless.
Odor: Low odor, but characteristic of hydrocarbons.
Odor threshold: Not available.
pH: Not Available.
Melting point/freezing point: Not available.
Initial boiling point and boiling temperature range: Distillation range: 240 – 285 °C.
Flash point: > +110 °C.
Evaporation rate: Not available.
Flammability: Not Available.
Lower/upper flammability or explosive limits: Upper (LSE): 6.0%, Lower (LIE): 1.0%.
Vapor pressure: 0.008 hPa at 20°C.
Vapor Density: Not Available.
Relative density: 0.760 – 0.840 (water as standard).
Solubilities: Not Available.
Partition coefficient – n-octanol/water: Not available.
Auto-ignition temperature: > 230°C (ASTM E659-78).
Decomposition temperature: Not available.
Viscosity: Not Available.
STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
Reactivity: Not Available.
Chemical stability: Stable under recommended storage conditions.
Possibility of hazardous reaction: Not available.
Conditions to Avoid: Heat, ignition sources, incompatible materials.
Incompatible Materials: Strong Acids and Oxidizing Agents.
Hazardous decomposition products: On combustion, the formation of toxic decomposition products cannot be excluded.
- Skin Corrosion/Irritation: Repeated or prolonged contact may dry out and cause mild skin irritation;
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation: May cause irritation in contact with eyes;
- Respiratory or skin sensitization: Vapors may cause drowsiness and dizziness. Inhalation of vapors can cause respiratory and mucosal irritations, headaches, nausea, vomiting;
- Germ cell mutagenicity: The mutagenic potential of the substance has been extensively studied in a variety of in vivo and in vitro assays, all of which have been negative;
- Carcinogenicity: No known effect based on information provided;
- Reproductive toxicity: Insufficient information for classification;
- Specific target organ toxicity – single exposure: No known effect based on information provided;
- Specific target organ toxicity – repeated exposure: No known effect based on information provided;
- Aspiration Hazard: Product can enter lungs and cause damage such as: Chemical Pneumonia.
Ecotoxicity: Not Available.
Persistence and Degradability: Readily Biodegradable – 75% after 28 days (Method: OECD 301F).
Bioaccumulative Potential: Not Available.
Ground mobility: Not available.
Other Adverse Effects: Not Applicable.
CONSIDERATIONS ON FINAL DESTINATION
Recommended disposal methods: This product can be reprocessed, incinerated in suitable facilities or sent for co-processing. Check in your Municipality and/or in your State, the applicable legislation on final disposal.
Used packaging: When the container is empty, contaminated with the product, it can be sent to drum recycling companies authorized by the environmental agency.