Paraffin 130/135°F Specification and Safety Information
It is essentially composed of saturated hydrocarbons. It has excellent chemical stability.
See the tests, specification, Solven method and reference method in the PDF file available for download.
APPLICATION / MAIN USES
It can be used in the waterproofing of papers and tarpaulins, manufacture of candles, composition of waxes and lubricants, additives for rubber and chemical industry.
PACKAGING, STORAGE AND HANDLING
It should be stored in a cool, dry place, protected from light. The supply is made through bags containing 25 kg presented in lentils. The shelf life of this product is 36 months from the date of manufacture, under the recommended storage conditions and/or original packaging.
CLASSIFICATION FOR TRANSPORT
This product is not classified as dangerous according to the transport legislation in force.
ADOPTED CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM
Standard ABNT-NBR 14725-Part 2: 2009. Adoption of the Globally Harmonized System for the Classification and Labeling of Chemicals, UN.
P410 – Store away from sunlight.
PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
- Physical state: Solid;
- Shape: Lentils/Powder/Tablets;
- White color.
Odor: Low odor, but characteristic of hydrocarbons.
Odor threshold: Not available.
pH: Not Applicable.
Melting point/freezing point: 54.0 – 60.0 °C (ASTM D87).
Initial boiling point and boiling temperature range: Not available.
Flash point: > 200°C (ASTM D-92).
Evaporation rate: Not available.
Flammability: Not Available.
Lower/Upper Flammability or Explosive Limit: Not Applicable.
Vapor Pressure: Not Available.
Vapor Density: Not Available.
Relative density: 0.790 at 80°C (water as standard).
Solubilities: In water: Insoluble. In Toluene: approximately 14g/100g of toluene at 20°C.
Partition coefficient – n-octanol/water: Not available.
Auto-ignition temperature: Not available.
Decomposition temperature: Not available.
Viscosity: Not Available.
STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
Reactivity: Not Available.
Chemical stability: Stable under normal conditions of use. It does not undergo polymerization.
Possibility of hazardous reaction: Not available.
Conditions to Avoid: Heat, heat sources, incompatible materials.
Incompatible materials: Strong oxidizing agents such as peroxide, chlorates and chromic acid.
Hazardous decomposition products: On combustion, the formation of toxic decomposition products such as carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide cannot be excluded.
- Skin Corrosion/Irritation: The product is inert in a solid state. When melted (after heating) it can cause burns with pain and redness in the affected area;
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation: May cause mild irritation on contact with eyes;
- Respiratory or skin sensitization: Inhalation of vapors causes respiratory and mucosal irritations. In high concentration its vapors cause irritation and narcotic effects on the central nervous system;
- Germ cell mutagenicity: Insufficient information for classification;
- Carcinogenicity: This product is not classified as a carcinogen;
- Reproductive toxicity: Insufficient information for classification;
- Specific target organ toxicity – single exposure: Insufficient information for classification;
- Specific target organ toxicity – repeated exposure: Insufficient information for classification;
- Aspiration hazard: Product vapor can enter the lungs and cause damage such as: Chemical pneumonia.
Ecotoxicity: The product is not expected to present a hazard to aquatic organisms.
Persistence and Degradability: Low degradability and high persistence is expected.
Bioaccumulative Potential: Not Available.
Ground mobility: Not available.
Other Adverse Effects: Not Available.
CONSIDERATIONS ON FINAL DESTINATION
Recommended disposal methods: This product can be reprocessed, incinerated in suitable facilities or sent for co-processing. Check in your Municipality and/or in your State, the applicable legislation on final disposal.
Used packaging: When the packaging is empty, contaminated with the product, it can be sent to packaging recycling companies, authorized by the environmental agency.