EP Solven 457-B Specification and Safety Information
It is an emulsion of paraffin waxes in an aqueous medium, added to provide stability and waterproofing, keeping the applied medium hydrophobic.
See the tests, specification, Solven method and reference method in the PDF file available for download.
APPLICATION / MAIN USES
It can be used in white and colored building paints, white and transparent grouts, industrial floors and waterproofing in the paper industry, moisture protection for light wood, as an abrasion resistance agent in protective films, among other specific applications according to the needs and customer tests.
PACKAGING, STORAGE AND HANDLING
It must be kept away from sources of ignition, in a cool, dry place, protected from the weather. The supply is made through drums, containers and in bulk. The shelf life of this product is 06 months from the date of manufacture, under the recommended storage conditions and/or original packaging.
CLASSIFICATION FOR TRANSPORT
Product not classified as dangerous according to current legislation.
ADOPTED CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM
Standard ABNT-NBR 14725 Part 2. Adoption of the Globally Harmonized System for the Classification and Labeling of Chemicals, UN.
P402+P403+P404 Store in a dry place. Store in a well-ventilated place. Store in a closed container.
PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
- Physical state: Liquid;
- Form: Liquid;
- White color.
Odor: Low odor, but characteristic of hydrocarbons.
Odor threshold: Not available.
pH: 8.0 – 10.0 at 25°C.
Melting point/freezing point: Not Applicable.
Initial boiling point and boiling temperature range: Boiling from 100 °C at 1 atm.
Flash point: Not Applicable.
Evaporation rate: Not available.
Flammability: Not Available.
Lower/Upper Flammability or Explosive Limit: Not Applicable.
Vapor Pressure: Not Available.
Vapor Density: Not Available.
Relative density: 0.750 at 25°C (water as standard).
Solubilities: In water: Soluble.
Partition coefficient – n-octanol/water: Not available.
Auto-ignition temperature: Not available.
Decomposition temperature: Not available.
Viscosity: Not Available.
STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
Reactivity: Not Available.
Chemical stability: Stable under normal conditions of use. It does not undergo polymerization.
Possibility of hazardous reaction: Not available.
Conditions to Avoid: Heat, heat sources, incompatible materials.
Incompatible materials: Strong oxidizing agents such as peroxide, chlorates and chromic acid.
Hazardous Decomposition Products: Not applicable.
- Skin Corrosion/Irritation: The product is inert, but may cause irritation in contact with the skin. When heated, it can cause burns with pain and redness in the affected area;
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation: May cause mild irritation on contact with eyes;
- Respiratory or skin sensitization: Inhalation of vapors causes respiratory and mucosal irritations;
- Germ cell mutagenicity: Insufficient information for classification;
- Carcinogenicity: This product is not classified as a carcinogen;
- Reproductive toxicity: Insufficient information for classification;
- Specific target organ toxicity – single exposure: Insufficient information for classification;
- Specific target organ toxicity – repeated exposure: Insufficient information for classification;
- Aspiration hazard: Product vapor can enter the lungs and cause damage such as: Chemical pneumonia.
Ecotoxicity: The product is not expected to present a hazard to aquatic organisms.
Persistence and Degradability: Low degradability and high persistence is expected.
Bioaccumulative Potential: Not Available.
Ground mobility: Not available.
Other Adverse Effects: Not Available.
CONSIDERATIONS ON FINAL DESTINATION
Recommended disposal methods: This product can be reprocessed, incinerated in suitable facilities or sent for co-processing. Check in your Municipality and/or in your State, the applicable legislation on final disposal.
Used packaging: When the packaging is empty, contaminated with the product, it can be sent to packaging recycling companies, authorized by the environmental agency.